Friday 24 February 2012

New paintings

As some of you know, I have been part of an art group called ArtDepot in my town for the last few years, which has been a source of growth and motivation. The time has now come for re registering with the group in order to continue as a member and hopefully to exhibit again with them. But in order to do this they have asked for three pieces of current work so they can assess ones' suitability. So, I have been busilly painting away, ready for the deadline which is on Monday!! And, thankfully I am on track, and have finished the last of the three last night, and photograped it this morning! (All that is left to do now is actually send photos of the work to the group! Best not forget that part!!!)

So, here is a little snapshot of paintings two and three, as I am also going to use the painting titled 'You've made your home in my heart' which I also completed recently.

Be still my heart.

Detail

Hope springs eternal.

I am especially loving the painting titled 'hope springs eternal' and think that it is my favourite one out of all I have painted so far!

We shall wait and see what the verdict is, once I have sent the email off to them. Ooer!

Anyway,have a great weekend!
xxx

4 comments:

  1. oh Angie I like those, quite different from the last pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous!! Love the hope springs eternal one. The flower really pops & the inky splat to the right of it is fab! I'm sure you'll get into the group again with those! But even if you don't you've got the satisfaction of creating art & some great finished pictures you can be proud of! Well done you! :o) (Makes me want to go create something right NOW but I'm not allowing myself to at the mo.....) Thanks for the inspiration when I do get to create again though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just LOVE your paintings Angie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete