Friday 9 July 2010

Me, myself and I.

Isn't it interesting where ideas take you? I started off my most recent paintings by taking ideas from my 3 year old's drawings thinking that it would take me in a certain direction. And now, I have produced this painting which I am really happy with as it captures something which I have found very hard to express in my art, and that is a sense of 'me'.

For so long I have lacked the confidence to just be myself in my work, but lately through experimenting and just making work, I have found a sense of my own style starting to come through in my work!

It's just amazing that it has taken me so long to come to this realisation!

I think I need a sleep after that bombshell!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie!! I did some doodle flowers on my latest painting & guess what?? I did my roses with leaves just like you did! How funny! Love those felt flowers & the mix of textures. Great to see you experimenting & branching out. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gald you are pleased with it. You had me as soon as you included some textiles! Love , love the background.

    ReplyDelete