Thursday 29 July 2010

Just lovely!

As members of the National Trust we recently paid another visit to one of our favourite haunts, Hanbury Hall in Worcestershire. It's a lovely place for the kids to run about in, and explore and we can take a leisurely walk whilst they dart here, there and everywhere. During one of the customary games of 'hide and seek' I came across some gorgeous pine cones under a tree and got distracted enough from playing the game of finding the children to hunt some of the better looking cones as they would look fabulous on a canvas!
Unfortunately, upon turning the cones over, most if not all the decent ones I'd found were a home to rather a lot of bugs, insects, and other unmentionables, so I hastily put them back in their natural habitiat, and reverted to taking a snapshot of them for posterity instead. A sad moment, but I didn't really want to end up with an infestation of little critters in my art room now did I?

But I guess you never know, from the depths of my imagination I might eventually make some sort of flower for my canvas which resembles those lovely natural objects!


And yes, I did find the kids in the end too!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found the kids otherwise I would say that i would pick tjem up for you next time I was up there! I think the cones are from a Cypress tree but I have some kicking around here somewhere aswell.

    ReplyDelete