Sunday 16 January 2011

Start as you mean to go on!

Wow! It is still January and I am typing another entry! Let's see how long this will last!! I haven't made any proper 'New Year's Resolutions' but I am trying to have more of a focus on documenting my artwork this year. I have also decided to take advantage of a Photography course that a guy from our church is running in February so I hope that will also help with this process!

I have been thinking a lot at the start of this year about where I want my art to take me and I have had the beginnings of some long term ideas which I have never had before so I am very excited!! Planning for the future has not taken me in this direction before as I have not really known what I wanted to do. But now I have some ideas I want to see where they take me!


These first paintings are from the Show I did in December at the Gloucester Docks.


The last one is an experiment of an idea I had one afternoon while making pipe cleaner flowers for my daughter.



I wasn't sure it was finished but all the folk who have seen it in the flesh seem to agree that they think it is, so I thought I would take a photo of it anyway. I can always go back to it at a later date and add more can't I!

Well, that's all for now. Have a great week!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely! I like your fruit of the spirit bird idea. I am kind of with you on the pipe cleaner flower painting- it looks fabulous as it is & I really love it as it is but if it were mine I would probably feel that I wanted to add more too. I might try adding button flower centres (coz I love buttons!)or something? It is really great as it is though- love the fabric squares & the 3D effect. It's good to experiment with art even if the end result isn't what you thought it would be- it's a journey of expression after all! well done you! Go for your dreams girl! I fell proud of you for pursuing your dreams :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could use some glitter- do you know how much I love glitter?? LOL!! Did I say that I love the texture of the pipe cleaner flowers? Gorgeous! :o)

    ReplyDelete