Thursday 11 August 2011

More experimenting

I have recently been paid for the work I did at our church on the two day workshop with school kids from schools in Gloucestershire, and while I am keen not to blow it all at once, I have bought a few new items this month.

I ordered some gelato gel pastels and a Clings clear stamp from the Donna Downey Online store in USA, and while the postage ended up being about the same price as the items I bought, I treated myself to buying from her store as she has some fabby stuff! (And incidentally, I LOVE the green tissue paper than the stuff was packed in! Nice touch I thought!)


I also bought some acetate shapes and some cute butterfly cut out shapes as well as some glazing medium to go over my paintings to seal in the colour. The only problem I have found with the glazing medium is that it smudges anything waterbased, like inks and the like so will have to work a way around that!

Anyway! So last night I experimented with the above and came up with this:


I am really happy with the colour and use of text as well as the inclusion of acetate and card shapes. I'm going to have to get more info on using the gelatos and will have to experiment more with the flower stamp, but for a first attempt I was very pleased!

Have a great rest of the day all!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Angie! I liked what you wrote in your Love letter, and that you are having so much fun experimenting. I did an afternoon of art with Corben, just painting on a large piece of thick cardboard, and it was very therapautic. Now it is up on his wall, and it's very colourful. And I know it's not the same and sounds shallow, but I am experimenting more with the patterns that I wear. I used to wear only 'safe' clothes, but now I am loving going treasuring hunting in charity shops for pretty patterns and colours. It's so much fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it with the clothes Kel!!! It is exciting being more confident to be who we are! Glorious girls of God!! :o) Hope you find lots of treasures!! xxx

    ReplyDelete