Thursday 25 March 2010

One small step-one giant leap!




I have finally mastered up the courage to try out my sewing machine which was bought for me by my mother in law about 8 years ago!!! I know it seems like a very daft thing to say, but I have been too scared to use it until now incase something went wrong while I was using it. But now during this strange but very exciting season of my life, I am going back to things that I have wanted to do, but felt I couldn't, and am actually trying the things I never thought I would! So this little piece is very basic but is a huge milestone for me both artistically and emotionally, and spiritually too, come to think of it! I actually made this piece for an altered book round robin event that I am doing as part of an art group I belong to in my town, and I am very pleased with imy efforts!!! (By the way, the text on the page opposite doesn't relate to my piece so please ignore!!)

So now I have taken the first step on this road, I hope many more tiny footsteps will also be heard in the future!!
I am enjoying my new wings! xxx

2 comments:

  1. WEll done for dusting off that machine! You certainly have very generous in laws! I have my mum's old one that is very tempremental & was annoying her to use it so she gave it to me! Still, when it's working fine it's great.....!

    Nice little page design too. Is there a reason for the choice of poem? I was blanket stitching felt hearts today. It took me right back to when I first learnt how to do it aged 5 or 6 at school. we were making peg bags for the washing line! I remember it as clear as day! :o)

    Keep up the creativity. It's great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie!

    Congrats...I just love this page with that fun flower. I was in the same place as you about a year ago. Sewing TERRIFIED me. I managed to get over it and have been having a great time every since...minus breaking quite a few needles as I try to sew just about anything I can push through. Thanks for visiting my blog and linking me over there (she points to right). It's so nice to meet you!: )

    ReplyDelete