Thursday 29 January 2015

Grateful for Goals

A little while ago I bought a ecourse from the very talented artist Paulette Insall as I wanted to develop the faces of the ladies I depict in my paintings. It was one of my goals in the new year to make time to actually complete the series of sessions and I am so glad I did!  Paulette shows so many simple yet really effective tips and techniques in the course and even after completing just one portrait using her suggestions, I am so happy with the results! I can see the development in my style already!! So, huge thanks to Paulette! You are an inspiration!

I really enjoyed creating this piece. It took longer to look 'right' to me than some of my previous pieces, but I kept on working into it until I was happy with it. I especially loved using the inks to add drips and spray, and also my own handmade flower stamp in the background. I am amazed at how different the final piece looks to the start-the three birds were actually flowers in the beginning! And I love that the words look like they are being spoken by the bird! Happy accidents turning into beauty!

And am really loving too the sense of my paintings really being from a place of personal symbolism too-it is MY message to the world! My story! And I so love that!

Hope you enjoy!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely angie! You & your creativity are amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete