Friday 9 January 2015

Unspeakable Joy.

'Joy! Unspeakable joy!
An overflowing well no tongue can tell
Joy! Unspeakable joy!
Rises in my soul never lets me go...'


The chorus of a Christmas Carol we sang this Christmas has stuck with me in this new year. In my quest for being thankful for all the gifts God gives us daily I am amazed at how the act of being purposefully thankful does indeed stir up joy within me.
So even this morning I looked a little harder at the start of the day and I thank. Joy rises up. And I thank again:

* My 5 year old exuberance and crazy love of life
*Giving of time to people instead of just rushing past
*Blue sky and cream clouds
*A bird flying past the window
*Writing down my thanks
*Pen and ink flowing across the page


I hope you have a joy filled day today!
Xxx


1 comment: